It’s an all ages coloring contest!
1. Print this beautiful picture of me and an exotic chicken.
2. Color this beautiful picture of me and an exotic chicken!
3. Take a snapshot of your beautiful work.
4. Post the picture to my Facebook page, facebook.com/shoshanahart (if you don’t have Facebook, you can email it to email@example.com).
5. Make sure you post it before February 29, 2016 at 5 PM Central.
6. The winner will be judged by me, Shoshanah!
7. The winner will get to have their coloring decorate the back cover of my upcoming coloring book, “Birds in Beards,” as the “author photo.” (Bwahahahahahaha!)
Anything goes, but pictures with hand coloring will be favored over computer fill-ins. For those who like realism: I am super white skinned, with pink and brown freckles (well, probably age marks, but we’ll say freckles), and my hair is an all natural mix of pink, blond, and grey. This is a Polish hen, and they range in color from violet, to brown and white, to white (for the lazy colorist), to black with a white head, to grey and brown mixed- they run the gamut. I highly recommend doing a google image search on “Polish Hen.”
Strange drawing for a strange day. It was a snow day in the sense that they cancelled school, but there wasn’t much snow. We went to my doctor’s appointment for my messed up ankle. Then we sewed some new things out of old clothes. Then we played obscure TV trivia board games (Andy Griffith Show Game, anyone?) and I taught her how to make macaroni and cheese. (We discovered that cheese curds don’t melt well.) I originally set out to make a Valentine, but it turned out weird. I don’t think I would try to woo anyone with this drawing.